Boswellia (Shallaki) Capsules – Joints Support
|Useful For:||Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Low Back Pain, Gout|
|Shipping:||Free Normal Shipping Worldwide | Free Express: Any Order With 4+ Bottles|
- Reviews (4)
|Ingredients:||Refer to Ingredients Section|
|Qty:||60 Veg Capsules|
|Suggested usage:||1 Capsule twice daily after meals or as directed by the physician|
Morpheme Shallaki is an excellent herbal remedy for maintaining an effective joint health and pain management. It takes care of the skeleton and joint muscles in the body. Shallaki or Boswellia Serrata has been used widely for thousands of years to support joints.
Shallaki supplements are used extensively as an anti-arthritic and anti-inflammatory product. Due to its anti-inflammatory property, it is used for treating fibrositis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, myositis, low back pain and gout. The therapeutic property of Shallaki includes decrease in swelling, joint restoration and enhancement of blood-supply to increased mobility, inflamed joints, amelioration and pain relief.
- Reduces inflammation of joints, hence a natural aid for Arthritis
- Safe, powerful and all natural dextoxifier
- Cleans blood vessels, breaks down and clears cholesterol buildup
- Supports the natural inflammation response of the body
- Reduces body weight
- Provides soothing and relaxing effect
- Offers a wide-range of immunomodulating and health properties
- Supports comfortable and normal range of movement
How to use
Morpheme Shallaki capsules to be taken 2 times per day. Although, the product is tolerated by a good number of users, in a few rare cases the side-effects can range from nausea to diarrhea to rashes.
How Shallaki is Useful?
Boswellia serrata or shallaki is a moderate to large branching tree that is used in the traditional Ayurvedic system as an expectorant, stimulant, antiseptic, astringent and antiarthritic. Some of the active constituents of Boswellia include volatile oils, sugars, and terpenoids. About 16% of resin is made up of essential oil and the majority being p-cymene and alpha-thujene. Four pentacyclic-triterpene acids and beta-boswellic acids are the major constituents of the herb.
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
An animal study carried out to determine the effectiveness of the extract of Shallaki and acetyl-11-keto-β-boswellic acid (one of the constituents in the herb) on leukocyte-endothelial-cell interactions in case of inflammatory bowel disease was stimulated in Sprague-Dawley rats through indomethacin, the subcutaneous injection. Two different doses (high or low) of AKBA or Boswellia were given to the rodents or placebo. The result showed that the extract of Shallaki and the potency of AKBA reduced rolling up to 90% and up to 98% of adherent leukocytes eased tissue injury scores. There was significant reduction in microscopic and macroscopic swelling of the gut-mucosa.
A major role is played by the leukotrienes in the inflammatory procedure of ulcerative colitis. The effect of shallaki extract (350 mg 3 times a day) was compared to the compound sulfasalazine (one gram 3 times a day) in patients suffering from ulcerative colitis. There was improvement in patients, who were taken Boswellia extract than in patients, who were on sulfasalazine. Almost 82% of patients were into remission, when compared to 75% on sulfasalazine. Further study conducted on patients with chronic colitis taking gum-resin of Shallaki (900 mg every day in 3 equally divided dosages for 6 weeks) and the compound sulfasalazine (3 gram every day in 3 divided dosages for 6 weeks) showed similar progress. In addition, 14 of 20 participants treated with Shallaki’s gum-resin went into diminution, as compared to 4 out of 10 patients treated with the compound sulfasalazine.
A study was conducted in the year 1998 to check the effects of Boswellia Serrata on the bronchial asthma. About 40 patients took Boswellia (300 mg) preparation 3 times every day for 6 weeks, while about 40 people took a placebo. Almost 70% of the patients taking the herb demonstrated disease improvement, and objective progress in immune and lung function. Only 27% of them taking placebo showed improvement.
In a placebo-controlled double-blind trial, Shallaki showed beneficial effect on osteoarthritis. About thirty participants were given Boswellia (1000 mg) or placebo in 3 doses for about 8 weeks. The Boswellian group patients showed a significant reduction in swelling and pain as compared to patients in placebo. In another crossover placebo-controlled double-blind study, Shallaki in combination with other herbs turmeric, ashwagandha and the mineral zinc was studied on patients with osteoarthritis. 44 patients received either placebo or herbal-mineral formulation for 3 months and then switched to another protocol after a fifteen day period for 3 months.The patients in treatment group experienced considerable reduction in pain compared to placebo.
Usually a painkiller or analgesic disturbs the digestive systems and may produce burning sensation. Does the intake of Morpheme Shallaki also produce the same effect?
Usually, drugs like Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs - NSAIDS disturb the intestines microflora and also gastric mucosa is irritated, which leads to burning sensation and other symptoms. However, Morpheme Shallaki is a product that contains pure and natural ingredients. Although Shallaki has analgesic property, it will not disturb gastric mucosa or microflora.
Are there products that can be combined with Shallaki to get faster relief from pain?
Morpheme Shallaki is itself a wonderful herb that can provide respite from joint pain. However, you include other potent Morpheme products like Arthcare Capsules, Guggulu and Ginger.
What are the Precautions to be taken to reduce joint pains?
Besides taking Morpheme Shallaki capsules, you can also practice yoga. It is important to avoid cool atmosphere and wear knee caps.
Serving size: 1 Vegicaps
Servings per container: 60
Each 500 mg capsule contains: Boswellia Extract
Each Bottle Contains: 60 Vegi Caps
Suggested Usage: 1 Capsule twice daily after meals.
|Serving Size: 1 Veg Capsule||
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
|Shallaki Extract (Boswellia serrata Roxb.) Boswellic acid>65%||500mg.||**|
|** Daily value not established|
Other Ingredients: Capsule(Vegetarian Capsule), 100% Vegetarian. No Fillers, binders or common Allergens.
Morpheme Shallaki capsules is a 100% pure vegetarian supplement without any allergens like dairy, yeast, wheat, corn and synthetic colors.
What causes joint pain?
The ends of two bones form a joint. They are connected to each other with ligaments. Smooth and soft tissue, known as cartilage, encases the ends of the bones in the joints. The cartilage prevents friction during joint movements. The synovial fluid, present between the bone ends, acts as a cushion, preventing friction and wear and tear of the joint bones and tissues.
Movement is facilitated by the different joints of the bodies. The joints located in the limbs are involved in walking, sitting, bending and grasping objects. Hence, when any of these joints are diseased, our movements become severely limited.
Several factors are responsible for joint disorders. In the elderly, osteoarthritis is a common cause of joint pain. This degenerative condition develops owing to destruction of the cartilage and loss of bone density as we age. Osteoarthritis is especially common among women after menopause. Fall in the estrogen secretion following menopause is linked to this joint disorder.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder that can occur at any age. Defective immune response triggers this condition. The exact reason for the abnormal behavior of the immune cells is unknown. In rheumatoid arthritis, the joints are affected in a symmetrical pattern. The immune system of the body mistakenly attacks the tissues in the joints, leading to inflammation of the synovial membrane in the affected joints. This eventually destroys the cartilage, resulting in joint pain and stiffness.
Injury to the joints might lead to post traumatic arthritis. It occurs if the injured tissues in the joints are not healed properly. The irregular surfaces of the injured tissues increase friction between the joint bones during movement, accelerating destruction of the joint tissues.
If normal blood flow to the joint bones is disrupted owing to some reason, avascular necrosis might develop. In the absence of proper nutrition, the joint tissues would weaken. Prolonged cortisone use and organ transplantation increase the risk of avascular necrosis.
Tips to prevent joint pain naturally
1) Boswellia serrata supplement and anti-inflammatory herbal formulations could reduce your joint pain and inflammation without causing any adverse side effects. However, to prevent recurrent pain and to improve flexibility of the affected joints, you should follow a workout regime. Although intense joint pain would prevent you from moving the painful joints, remaining stationary for a long term would aggravate your joint disorder further.
2) In case of chronic arthritis, physical therapy is recommended along with medications for improving joint mobility. Depending upon the condition of your joint, moderate to low impact workouts would help to improve the mobility of the joints.
3) The main types of exercises recommended for arthritis patients include flexibility exercises, strengthening exercises and cardiovascular exercises. Flexibility exercises that include range-of-motion and stretching exercises are most important for your joints. They should be done daily. At least 15 minutes of flexibility exercises significantly reduces joint stiffness. By improving joint flexibility, they minimize the risk of joint injuries. The range-of-motion Yoga and Tai Chi poses relax the joint muscles, improve balance and reduce stress.
4) To arrest destruction of cartilage in the joints, you should decrease the stress on the joint bones. This could be done by strengthening the muscles around the joints. Isometric exercises that help to increase muscle strength by tightening the muscles without moving the joints are beneficial for arthritis patients. Isotonic exercises with weights would prevent joint stiffness.
5) For overall benefit, you should try cardiovascular or aerobic exercises. Regardless of age, walking is the easiest exercise. However, if you are suffering from intense knee or ankle pain, swimming could help to increase the flexibility of your joints. Water aerobics could reduce the risk of injuries during workouts. Here water acts as a cushion around the knees. Regular workouts would help you to lose the excess weight, which would reduce pressure on the knee joints. They would improve blood circulation, easing blood flow in the body joints.
6) Bending and lifting heavy loads are common causes of joint and back injuries.Risk of injuries might be reduced by moving the shoulders, hips and knees in the same direction.
7) Acute joint pain could be treated with cold and heat compresses. The swollen and painful joints developing from injuries should be treated with ice packs. In case of arthritis pain, the inflammation and pain could be reduced by alternating heat therapy with cold compresses.
8) There is no conclusive evidence on the association between diet and joint pain. Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids might provide relief from joint inflammation and pain. Fish oil is a good source of the healthy fats. Researches have shown that increasing the proportion of omega-3 fats and reducing the amount of omega-6 fatty acids in the diet might treat rheumatoid arthritis and other chronic inflammatory conditions. (Wall R, Ross RP, Fitzgerald GF, Stanton C. “Fatty acids from fish: the anti-inflammatory potential of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids.” Nutr Rev. 2010 May;68(5):280-9). Approximately 55 to 60 percent of the calorie requirement of chronic arthritis patients should be met through carbohydrates. Fats should supply 25 to 30 percent of the calorie need. The saturated, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats in the diet should be present in a ratio of 1:1:1. Omega-3 supplementation might help to decrease usage of non-inflammatory non-steroidal drug usage.
9) Consumption of fruits and vegetables packed with dietary fibers might reduce inflammation by decreasing the elevated level of C-reactive protein. C-reactive protein is a marker of acute inflammation. (Ma Y, Griffith JA, Chasan-Taber L, Olendzki BC, Jackson E, Stanek EJ 3rd, Li W, Pogoto SL, Hafner AR, Ockene IS. “Association between dietary fiber and serum C-reactive protein.” Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Apr;83(4):760-6).
10) Antioxidant nutrients such as Vitamins A and C and selenium might protect the joints from oxidative stress. Side effects of rheumatoid arthritis drugs, such as methotrexate, might be countered with folate and vitamin B12 supplements.Severe rheumatoid arthritis patients on corticosteroids should take vitamin D, calcium and iron supplements. (Miggiano GA, Gagliardi L. “Diet, nutrition and rheumatoid arthritis.” Clin Ter. 2005 May-Jun;156(3):115-23).