5 Effective Herbal Remedies For Anorexia Nervosa
[toc]Anorexia nervosa is an eating disorder where a person cuts down drastically on the amount of food he or she eats. A person suffering from this disorder starves himself or herself and becomes severely underweight. Herbs are good appetite stimulants. You can take herbal remedies to counter the ill effects of anorexia nervosa.
Herbs which can be used to treat this disorder include Horehound, Centaury, Alfalfa, Gentian, Blessed Thistle and Fenugreek which help to increase the appetite and bring about weight gain. These herbal remedies are best for aiding digestion and stimulating the appetite. In this article, we will discuss some of the best herbal remedies for anorexia nervosa. Do consult a qualified medical health care professional before taking any of these herbal remedies.
5 Top Herbal Remedies For Anorexia Nervosa
Morpheme Memocare Plus$21.87
St.Botanica Rosemary Pure Aroma Essential Oil
- High quality, pure grade rosemary essential oil
- Free from artificial ingredients
- Extracted according to industry approved high quality extraction method
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP certified, WHO GMP facility
- Helps in hair care
- Helps in reducing stress and improving memory
Morpheme Arthcare Oil Spray (100 ml) AND Arthcare Plus
- Helps in reducing joint pain and swelling
- Helps in reducing stiffness of joints
- Helps in relaxing muscles and decreasing muscle pain
- Made with herbs with anti-inflammatory property
- Natural products, free from additives and synthetic ingredients
Morpheme Forskolin – Pure Coleus Forskohlii$28.32
Blessed thistle has been used in Europe as a folk medicine for helping digestion. This herb is also used in Essiac herbal therapy systems for treating cancer. This is a spiny herb native to the Mediterranean region. It has yellow flowers. The seeds and upper parts of Blessed Thistle are rich in a bitter glycoside known as cnicin.
Due to this, Blessed Thistle is a bitter digestive tonic. Herbalists suggest the tea or tincture of this herb for appetite loss experienced during anorexia nervosa. Like other bitter herbs Blessed Thistle enhances the secretion of bile and certain gastric juices. This helps to stimulate the appetite and aid digestion. This herb must not be used by those pregnant.. Blessed Thistle is known botanically as Cnicus Benedictus.
The herbaceous plant has small lavender blooms and is found everywhere across the globe. Centaury has been given the botanical name Centaurium Erythraea. It is related to herbs such as Gentian. Do not use this herb if you are pregnant.
The aerial parts of this herb are made into bitter tonic to stimulate many gastric juices in the stomach. Tea can be made from the leaves of this herb for curing the liver problems and appetite loss experienced by persons suffering from anorexia nervosa. You can also take this herb in tincture form.
Gentiana Lutea is the Latin name of this herb. It has yellow flowers. This herb is native to Europe. Gentian rhizomes or roots are used as a bitter tonic to cure appetite problems and ease digestive problems in those who have anorexia.Gentian also contains active ingredients such as amarogentin, which aid digestion. This herb can be taken in the form of tincture or tablets. You can also take this herb as a tea for good outcomes.
The key substances present in Gentian include bitter chemicals called secoiridoids that enhance appetite. They do this by ensuring the secretion of gastric juices, bile, saliva and gastric acids.
Horehound is considered as a bitter herb which means that it is rich in key ingredients and chemical compounds known to improve digestion and stimulate appetite.Bitter herbs such as Horehound increase gastric acids and saliva, making them effective for stimulating appetite in anorexic men and women. About three fourths of a teaspoon of this herb can be taken daily to counter the effects of anorexia nervosa. This herb is also a good cough suppressant.
This herb has been used in Ayurvedic medicine and the traditional Chinese system for treating stomach problems and aiding digestion. Alfalfa was used in the 1800s by the physicians of the United States for healing appetite loss as well. This herb also cures problems relating to menopause. Alfalfa tincture can be taken daily to counter the ill effects of anorexia nervosa and cure this eating disorder. You can also take up to 1000 milligrams of this herb daily as well for good results.
St.Botanica Argan Pure Coldpressed Carrier Oil
- Highest Quality Purest Grade Argan Oil
- Cold Pressed Argan Oil
- Free from artificial ingredients
- Produced according to the Industry approved high quality extraction method
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP Certified, WHO GMP facility
- Ideal for moisturizing and nourishing the skin and hair
- Can be used as carrier oil
Morpheme Retone Caps – Menstrual Comfort$19.98
Morpheme Livup Caps$19.98
St.Botanica Ylang-Ylang Pure Aroma Essential Oil
- Highest quality pure grade ylang-ylang essential oil
- Free from additives and synthetic ingredients
- Produced according to the industry approved extraction method
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP certified WHO GMP facility
- Suitable for aromatherapy use
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety
- Good for skin and hair