5 Effective Herbal Remedies For Osteoarthritis
[toc]The joints between bones in the body are cushioned by cartilages that absorb the pressure and friction. Advancing age and some other factors rob the cartilages of their tenacity and the cartilages begin to wear out. With wearing and tearing of the cartilages the bones rub against each other and cause pain and swelling. This gives rise to osteoarthritis.
For patients with advanced osteoarthritis there is no other option, but to undergo surgery. For those with lesser degree of problem there are medicines, but their effect is limited. In such cases herbs can be of real use. These can also be used in combination with medicines. Herbal treatment can be an option for osteoarthritis patients. Let us explore some of the herbal remedies for osteoarthritis.
5 Herbal Remedies For Osteoarthritis
Morpheme Livup Caps$21.87
St.Botanica Tea Tree Pure Aroma Essential Oil
- Highest quality pure grade tea tree oil
- Natural product, free from synthetic ingredients
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP certified, WHO GMP facility
- Suitable for skin care when diluted with appropriate carrier oil
- Helps in fighting acne and skin infections
Morpheme NautralSlim – Garcinia , Triphala, Guggul$24.15
St.Botanica Ylang-Ylang Pure Aroma Essential Oil
- Highest quality pure grade ylang-ylang essential oil
- Free from additives and synthetic ingredients
- Produced according to the industry approved extraction method
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP certified WHO GMP facility
- Suitable for aromatherapy use
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety
- Good for skin and hair
When you are afflicted with osteoarthritis you will suffer from inflammation and consequent pain in the joints be it the knee, ankle or some other joint. To alleviate the inflammation you need anti-inflammatory herbs. Devils claw fits the bill perfectly with anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
Roots of this herb which owes its origin to Africa have been used for centuries to treat pain and inflammation. Studies of effect of this herb on animals have been conducted and results have been quite satisfactory and point towards its benefits for people suffering from osteoarthritis. Dried roots of this herb can be made into an ointment and applied topically over the affected areas.
This household herb has been used for centuries to treat inflammatory conditions. In fact, a combination of slaked lime and turmeric works wonders for inflammations and pain.
The effect of this combination is no less than non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. So make a paste of slaked lime and turmeric powder and apply it on the affected areas at least once regularly. With regular use the pain and inflammation will come down drastically.
- Arthcare Capsules (Joint Pain, Arthritis)
- Glucosamine Liquid (32 Oz Bottle)
- Arthcare Oil – Muscle Relaxant Massage Oil
- Shallaki (Boswellia) – Joints
Certain omega-3 fatty acids have been found to have a lot of anti-inflammatory properties. Among herbs flaxseed contains a lot of such fatty acids. You can use flaxseed oil both topically as well as internally to fight inflammatory molecules and reduce pain and swelling.
So apply some flaxseed oil on the inflamed and painful areas as well as take some of this with food. Osteoarthritis symptoms will slowly alleviate.
Though this herb is mainly used for treating menstrual complications and some psychological problems including sleeplessness, its effect on arthritic patients has also been found to be quite positive.
Studies of black cohosh root on pain and inflammation owing to arthritis have been carried out. In these studies it has been found that black cohosh root is able to reduce both pain and inflammation in patients suffering from osteoarthritis. So apply an ointment made with black cohosh roots on the affected areas. This will alleviate the problem to a great extent.
This hot spice contains a chemical known as capsaicin. This element is found to be quite effective in reducing pain symptoms. Studies have been conducted to ascertain the effectiveness of capsaicin on pain symptoms. The results have been very positive. So you can use capsaicin ointment on the affected areas regularly at least 4 times a day. The pain will reduce.
Morpheme Kohinoor Gold Plus – 60 Veg Caps$33.32
St.Botanica Argan Pure Coldpressed Carrier Oil
- Highest Quality Purest Grade Argan Oil
- Cold Pressed Argan Oil
- Free from artificial ingredients
- Produced according to the Industry approved high quality extraction method
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP Certified, WHO GMP facility
- Ideal for moisturizing and nourishing the skin and hair
- Can be used as carrier oil
Morpheme Amla Caps$20.32
Morpheme Turmeric Curcumin (Haridra)$28.32