5 Simple Natural Cures For GERD
[toc]Gastro Oesophageal Reflux Disease is an unpleasant situation that is caused when the acids in the stomach are thrown upwards to the oesophagus. This feels like a fire that is broken in the chest and that is the reason in general terms it is also known as ‘Heartburn’. A person suffering from this disease may experience symptoms like chest pain, dry cough, difficulty in swallowing, sore throat and sensation of a bulge in the throat.
The path for food to reach the stomach is decided by the oesophagus. However when the muscles of this part relaxes abnormally it disturbs the entire process and due to this reason the acids from the stomach that are used in digestion are thrown back to the throat and cause heartburn. Here are a few natural cures which help in GERD:
Natural Cures For Gastro Oesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
Lemon is very effective in relieving reflux acidity when mixed with honey in tea. You can also have lemon mixed with water.
While starting the day with drinking lemon juice mixed with warm water on an empty stomach, the body tends to balance the acid level naturally and thus helps in avoiding the high acidity level which causes heartburn. It helps in digestion and is safe for everyone.
Morpheme Safed Musli AND Mucuna Pruriens$37.39
St.Botanica Argan Pure Coldpressed Carrier Oil
- Highest Quality Purest Grade Argan Oil
- Cold Pressed Argan Oil
- Free from artificial ingredients
- Produced according to the Industry approved high quality extraction method
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP Certified, WHO GMP facility
- Ideal for moisturizing and nourishing the skin and hair
- Can be used as carrier oil
Morpheme Shilajit Caps$22.48
StBotanica Pure Himalayan Lavender Essential Oil
- High quality, pure grade lavender essential oil
- Free from chemicals
- Manufactured With World’s Highest Standards
- Extracted according to the industry approved extraction method
- Helps in relaxation
- Good for the skin and hair health
Sodium bicarbonate/soda has been known as one of the best remedies to thump heartburn. Since the cause of heartburn is the stomach acids, baking soda is the best remedy as it is a base and thus neutralizes the effect of those acids which cause heartburn.
Mix half or one tea spoon of baking soda with a glass of water and the recommended dose is once a day to get relief from heartburn.
Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe Vera is an easily available plant in the kitchen garden of a household that can turn out to be a very good cure for the heartburn disease.
The extracts or the juice of this plant is a very good cure and results in a healing impact inside the stomach and food pipe as well. Drink the juice slowly (to touch each inch of food pipe) half a cup before the meals.
The slippery elm is considered to be the best cure for many diseases. It helps in cutting down the inflammation and forms a protective covering of mucous in the oesophagus and the stomach. When there is a thick covering, there is no harm done even if there is an acid reflux.
Have one spoon of slippery elm along with water once after lunch and once before going to bed at night. It is one of the herbs that are used since ages to cure stomach related problems. Post it’s intake, it increases the thickness of the mucous lining inside the stomach tissues and acts as a barrier for the acids to touch or burn the stomach walls.
Another herbal treatment which is proves to be a healthy cure for heartburn problem is peppermint extract. Peppermint is an easily available plant and it is also used in many different cuisines as an integral ingredient.
The cooling properties help in relieving the burning sensation caused due to GERD. Drink half a cup of peppermint juice after the meals for immediate relief. You can also have peppermint tea after cooling it down to room temperature.
St.Botanica Rosemary Pure Aroma Essential Oil
- High quality, pure grade rosemary essential oil
- Free from artificial ingredients
- Extracted according to industry approved high quality extraction method
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP certified, WHO GMP facility
- Helps in hair care
- Helps in reducing stress and improving memory
St.Botanica Ylang-Ylang Pure Aroma Essential Oil
- Highest quality pure grade ylang-ylang essential oil
- Free from additives and synthetic ingredients
- Produced according to the industry approved extraction method
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP certified WHO GMP facility
- Suitable for aromatherapy use
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety
- Good for skin and hair
Morpheme Guggul (Commiphora Mukul)$19.98
Morpheme Phyllanthus Niruri (Bhumyamlaki) Chanca Piedra$18.32