6 Causes Of Dull Hair
[toc]These days many people suffer from dull hair as it has become a very common problem. Both men and women suffer from dull hair which is usually a result of lack of moisture in the hair and lack of essential nutrients. Dull hair is characterized by brittle, frizzy and dry hair that has split ends and lacks shine and luster.
Dull hair is more prone to damage and breaks off easily. It can cause a host of other problems such as hair fall and premature graying of hair. Dull hair looks lifeless and lacks health. Several reasons contribute to the presence of dull hair few of which have been discussed in this write-up. Let us take a look!
6 Causes Of Dull Hair
A lot of environmental factors contribute to dull hair in a lot of people all over the world. With the increase in air pollution, the harmful toxins present in the hair cause harm to the hair making it dull and lifeless.
Morpheme Memocare Plus$21.87
Morpheme Garcinia Green Coffee 500mg Extract 60 Veg Caps$19.15
St.Botanica Tea Tree Pure Aroma Essential Oil
- Highest quality pure grade tea tree oil
- Natural product, free from synthetic ingredients
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP certified, WHO GMP facility
- Suitable for skin care when diluted with appropriate carrier oil
- Helps in fighting acne and skin infections
Morpheme Arthcare Oil Spray (100 ml) AND Arthcare Plus
- Helps in reducing joint pain and swelling
- Helps in reducing stiffness of joints
- Helps in relaxing muscles and decreasing muscle pain
- Made with herbs with anti-inflammatory property
- Natural products, free from additives and synthetic ingredients
Excessive exposure to the sun can also make the hair dry and brittle. People living in colder climates also suffer from dull hair issues. Exposure to strong wind also makes the hair brittle and dry.
Excessive Hair Habits
Excessive amount of hair habits also tend to make the hair dull and unhealthy. Too much of shampooing and conditioning take a toll on the health of the hair as these hair solutions contain a lot of chemicals and if used in excess they pose a threat to the hair.
Perming, hair coloring, foiling, bleaching and a host of other activities robs the hair off its natural moisture thus making it dry. Other activities such as blow drying, curling, hair straightening, etc also steal the health of the hair making it appear dull.
Chlorine is considered to be a very element which is toxic for the hair.
Swimming in chlorinated water or drinking tap water that contains chlorine can cause damage to your hair.
An improper diet is one of the most common reasons that make the hair dull and unhealthy. A healthy diet should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits along with meat and nuts.
All food items should be taken in the right quantity and if any of the essential food items is omitted then that may tend to take a toll on the health of your hair. A proper diet is very important to maintain proper and healthy hair on your head.
Lack Of Water
Lack of water in the body also makes the hair dull. Your body should be sufficient in fluid in order to maintain good health of the skin and hair.
Water is essential as it is required to flush out harmful toxins from the body. Thus, it is advisable to drink adequate amount of water to promote the growth of beautiful and healthy hair.
A modern theory also states that if you sleep on a cotton pillowcase or use a cotton scarf then it is likely that your hair will lose its moisture and become dull and dry.
St.Botanica Ylang-Ylang Pure Aroma Essential Oil
- Highest quality pure grade ylang-ylang essential oil
- Free from additives and synthetic ingredients
- Produced according to the industry approved extraction method
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP certified WHO GMP facility
- Suitable for aromatherapy use
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety
- Good for skin and hair
Morpheme Retone Caps – Menstrual Comfort$19.98
Morpheme Turmeric Curcumin (Haridra)$28.32
Morpheme Forskolin – Pure Coleus Forskohlii$28.32