6 Simple Home Remedies To Soften Calluses
[toc]Calluses are toughened or hardened areas of skin that are formed due to irritation or friction. Normally, areas of the body that are subjected to prolonged and repeated friction or pressure are more prone to calluses. So, calluses mostly occur on feet and hands. Calluses are not only unsightly and prevent you from wearing sandals and flip flops, but they can also be uncomfortable and painful.
Calluses that occur on hands can make a person feel self-conscious. However, there are a number of home remedies for softening calluses. Effective Natural Remedies for Softening Calluses
6 Home Remedies To Soften Calluses
Avocado And Lemon Juice
Avocados contain natural fats and are also rich in vitamin A and vitamin E, which helps to soften skin. Mash half a ripe avocado in a medium-sized bowl and add two tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice. Combine them well until you have a mixture of thick consistency. Now, rub this all over your calluses, massaging the skin gently. Wash off after 20 minutes with warm water.
Morpheme Arthcare Oil Spray (100 ml) AND Boswellia (Shallaki)$36.54
St.Botanica Pueraria Mirifica Breast Supplements$49.00
St.Botanica Ylang-Ylang Pure Aroma Essential Oil
- Highest quality pure grade ylang-ylang essential oil
- Free from additives and synthetic ingredients
- Produced according to the industry approved extraction method
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP certified WHO GMP facility
- Suitable for aromatherapy use
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety
- Good for skin and hair
StBotanica Pure Himalayan Lavender Essential Oil
- High quality, pure grade lavender essential oil
- Free from chemicals
- Manufactured With World’s Highest Standards
- Extracted according to the industry approved extraction method
- Helps in relaxation
- Good for the skin and hair health
Apple Cider Vinegar
Prepare a warm soak by adding one part apple cider vinegar to three parts of warm water. Gently soak your hands or feet in this preparation for 10-15 minutes. The apple cider vinegar will soften the calluses and the warm water soothe the skin. Once you are done soaking the affected area, dry your skin and apply a rich moisturizer. This procedure should be done every day until you see results.
To soften calluses and slough off dead skin cells you need to exfoliate your skin. First soak your feet in warm water for 20-25 minutes and then dry them gently with a towel. Now rub a clean pumice stone over your calluses. Make sure that you do this very gently as rubbing vigorously will cause inflammation of the skin. Wash feet again to remove dead skin cells. This method of scrubbing with a pumice stone should be done just once a week. Over-scrubbing might cause skin tears and inflammation.
Grapes Juice And Garlic Juice
Crush a few garlic cloves and extract its juice. Mix it with equal amount of grape juice. Soak a few cotton balls in this mixture and apply it over the calluses. After half an hour remove the cotton balls and discard them. Wash skin with warm water. Garlic juice and grape juice is believed to soften skin and reduce the appearance of calluses.
Coconut Oil And Honey
Combine one tablespoon of organic coconut oil to a tablespoon of pure honey. Apply this mixture on the affected area. After 10-15 minutes wash off the mixture with warm water. Coconut oil has skin nourishing and skin lightening properties and honey aids in protecting and repairing skin. Both coconut oil and honey hydrates and moisturizes the skin making it soft and smooth.
Almond Oil And Sugar
Another great way to soften calluses is to make a homemade exfoliant using pure almond oil and granulated sugar. Mix a tablespoon of sugar with two tablespoons of almond oil and use this mixture to scrub on the affected area. As the sugar granules breaks down it will help in exfoliating the dead skin cells, thereby softening the skin.
These were a few home remedies for softening calluses. The best way to prevent calluses is to wear comfortable, well-fitting and well-cushioned shoes. It is also advisable to moisturize your skin regularly.
Morpheme Boswellia (Shallaki) Caps$20.32
St.Botanica Garcinia Cambogia 500mg$38.32
St.Botanica Tea Tree Pure Aroma Essential Oil
- Highest quality pure grade tea tree oil
- Natural product, free from synthetic ingredients
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP certified, WHO GMP facility
- Suitable for skin care when diluted with appropriate carrier oil
- Helps in fighting acne and skin infections
Morpheme Arthcare Oil Spray (100 ml) AND Arthcare Plus
- Helps in reducing joint pain and swelling
- Helps in reducing stiffness of joints
- Helps in relaxing muscles and decreasing muscle pain
- Made with herbs with anti-inflammatory property
- Natural products, free from additives and synthetic ingredients