9 Best Home Remedies For Sensitive Teeth
Sensitive teeth are a painful situation. Sensitive teeth do not allow the person to eat or drink anything which is excessively hot, cold, sweet or sour. It is a condition in which a person having sensitive teeth experiences sharp sensation in teeth immediately after they eat something which is hot and cold. A person having sensitive teeth also feels sharp pain if he/she blows air in from mouth.
Such a situation happens because the nerve of the tooth gets exposed due to the damage of enamel. Enamel is the protective covering of the teeth. The inner layers of teeth contain bloods vessels and nerve endings. These nerve endings gets exposed in sensitive teeth and hence pains after having something hot or cold. With home remedies, one can find relief from sensitive teeth.
9 Home Remedies For Sensitive Teeth
1. Rock Salt And Mustard Oil
Rock salt and mustard oil works quite well to provide relief from sensitive teeth. Take a spoon of powdered rock salt and add little mustard oil to it so that it becomes a thick paste. Now, with the help of finger, apply this paste both on the sensitive teeth and gums. In fact, you can apply it on all the teeth.
St.Botanica Rosemary Pure Aroma Essential Oil
- High quality, pure grade rosemary essential oil
- Free from artificial ingredients
- Extracted according to industry approved high quality extraction method
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP certified, WHO GMP facility
- Helps in hair care
- Helps in reducing stress and improving memory
Morpheme Livup Caps$19.98
Morpheme Turmeric Curcumin (Haridra)$28.32
St.Botanica Argan Pure Coldpressed Carrier Oil
- Highest Quality Purest Grade Argan Oil
- Cold Pressed Argan Oil
- Free from artificial ingredients
- Produced according to the Industry approved high quality extraction method
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP Certified, WHO GMP facility
- Ideal for moisturizing and nourishing the skin and hair
- Can be used as carrier oil
Rock salt also helps to brighten the teeth. Rub the mixture for 3-4 minutes and then rinse mouth with warm water. You will find relief. A regular use for a fortnight will cure sensitive teeth.
2. Gargle With Salt Water
Gargling with lukewarm salt water is an effective remedy for sensitive teeth. Salt kills bacteria by dehydrating pathogens.
Luke warm water soothes nerve endings and provides relief from sensitivity. A person with sensitive teeth must gargle twice in a day to find relief from sensitive teeth.
3. Asafoetida And Lemon Juice
Take some powdered asafoetida and add half a lemon juice to it. Now warm the mixture.
Apply this warm mixture on sensitive teeth. It will soothe sensitive teeth and will also give relief from any type of toothache.
4. Garlic And Rock Salt
Garlic has antiseptic properties. It also helps in healing.
Take a garlic clove and crush it. Mix it with half a spoon of powdered rock salt. Rub the mixture on the affected teeth and you will find instant relief from sensitivity.
5. Honey And Warm Water
Honey has healing property. It also soothes pain. Take a spoon of honey in a glass of warm water and rinse your mouth regularly with it.
The solution will protect enamel and would stop any further decay of enamel. It also works to protect enamel.
6. Desensitizing Toothpaste
Desensitizing toothpaste when applied, builds a protective covering on the tooth. They also fill the inner tubules of tooth which has got nerve endings.
Thus, it forms a protective layer and nerve endings remain covered and protected. Take a small amount of any desensitizing toothpaste and massage on sensitive teeth at night. Do not rinse mouth. Next morning, brush teeth as usual with toothpaste. Sensitive teeth will get cured in due course of time.
7. Avoid Bleaching
People with sensitive teeth should keep themselves away from teeth bleaching.
Many people like to get their teeth bleached in order to get sparkling set of teeth. Bleaching contains chemicals which erodes the outer layer of teeth known as enamel. People with sensitive teeth must avoid teeth bleaching.
8. Soft Brushing
One must exercise soft brushing. Brushing on an everyday basis must be carried off with a soft bristled tooth brush.
Hard brushing leads to receding of gum line which further exposes dentin and hence contributes to of teeth.
9. Avoid Colas And Soda
Soda in cola and other drinks harm enamel of teeth.
A regular consumption of soda leads to decay of enamel thus exposing inner layers of teeth. This causes sensitivity of teeth. One must regulate the consumption of soda.
StBotanica Pure Himalayan Lavender Essential Oil
- High quality, pure grade lavender essential oil
- Free from chemicals
- Manufactured With World’s Highest Standards
- Extracted according to the industry approved extraction method
- Helps in relaxation
- Good for the skin and hair health
Morpheme Forskolin – Pure Coleus Forskohlii$28.32
Morpheme Garcinia Green Coffee 500mg Extract 60 Veg Caps$19.15
Morpheme Arthcare Oil Spray (100 ml) AND Arthcare Plus
- Helps in reducing joint pain and swelling
- Helps in reducing stiffness of joints
- Helps in relaxing muscles and decreasing muscle pain
- Made with herbs with anti-inflammatory property
- Natural products, free from additives and synthetic ingredients