6 Home Remedies For Sleeplessness
[toc]Humans need seven to nine hours of sleep everyday so that our body can function at its optimum level. If you find yourself tossing and turning at night unable to sleep, then you are not alone. More than 60 percent of Americans have trouble falling asleep. With our hectic lifestyle and rising level of stress, sleep is becoming more and more elusive.
Lack of sleep can also point towards an underlying medical condition. So, if you are having problem getting quality sleep at night, it is a good idea to visit your family doctor. Although there are many over-the-counter sleep medications available in the market, it is a good idea to try some home remedies too. Here we take a look at some effective natural remedies for sleeplessness.
6 Ways To Cure Sleeplessness
Limit Coffee Intake
If you are in the habit of having coffee in the evenings, then you need to cut down on it. Coffee contains caffeine that keeps your mind alert and prevents you from falling asleep. Try to limit your coffee intake to not more than two cups a day. If you have trouble falling asleep and frequently wake up from your sleep, then it is a good idea to skip coffee altogether and have green tea instead.
Lavender oil has soothing and calming properties that aids sleep. It is an ideal aromatherapy oil for people who are unable to sleep due to stress and emotional turmoil. Just spritz some pure lavender oil on your pillow and sheets before you retire to bed. The fragrance of lavender will calm your mind and help you to sleep.
Another effective remedy for sleeplessness is a warm bath. Add some bath salts to a tub of hot water and soak your body after a long tiring day. A warm bath will not only relax your sore muscles, but you will notice all your tensions and worries also melting away. Take a nice long bath before going to bed and you will surely sleep better at night.
One of the most well-known remedy for sleeplessness is drinking a glass of warm milk. Milk contains essential nutrients like calcium and magnesium that helps the body to relax and also calms down the mind. Have a glass of warm milk just before going to bed and you are sure to be rewarded with a good nights sleep.
Switch Off Your Phone
Keep cell phones turned off while retiring to bed. Constant phone calls and messaging keeps the mind alert and prevents you from falling asleep. Keep all electronic devices like laptops and mobile phones out of the bed.
It is very important that you maintain a healthy mind and body by doing exercise. You can take up any form of exercise like cardio, strength training or aerobics. Exercising releases endorphins in the body which will calm your mind and hence help you to sleep.
These were some natural methods that can help you to sleep. Avoid eating large meals close to bedtime and practice meditation techniques to calm your mind. If you suffer from chronic insomnia and these methods are not helping you to sleep, then you should consult a specialist immediately.
St.Botanica Ylang-Ylang Pure Aroma Essential Oil
- Highest quality pure grade ylang-ylang essential oil
- Free from additives and synthetic ingredients
- Produced according to the industry approved extraction method
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP certified WHO GMP facility
- Suitable for aromatherapy use
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety
- Good for skin and hair
Morpheme Arthcare Oil Spray (100 ml) AND Arthcare Plus
- Helps in reducing joint pain and swelling
- Helps in reducing stiffness of joints
- Helps in relaxing muscles and decreasing muscle pain
- Made with herbs with anti-inflammatory property
- Natural products, free from additives and synthetic ingredients
Morpheme Turmeric Curcumin (Haridra)$28.32
St.Botanica Tea Tree Pure Aroma Essential Oil
- Highest quality pure grade tea tree oil
- Natural product, free from synthetic ingredients
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP certified, WHO GMP facility
- Suitable for skin care when diluted with appropriate carrier oil
- Helps in fighting acne and skin infections