Medications For Anemia
[toc]Lower than normal red blood cell count gives rise to a disorder called anemia. The red blood cells, or erythrocytes, contain a red pigment called hemoglobin. It helps to carry oxygen to the various parts of our body. A person having low amounts of hemoglobin is said to be anemic and suffers from fatigue, headaches, dizziness, weakness and some other symptoms. Women seem to suffer more from anemia as compared to men.
This disorder is of many types such as sickle cell anemia, iron deficiency anemia, aplastic anemia, etc. and the severity of symptoms varies accordingly. Medications can help hugely in bringing back the red blood cell count to normal. A healthy diet and lifestyle are important to manage the condition in the long term. A blood test will reveal your hemoglobin count and your doctor will prescribe the right medications for the kind of anemia you are suffering from. In very simple cases, taking supplements regularly solves the problems, whereas blood transfusions may be required for more serious cases.
Medications For Anemia
Carbonyl iron is a dietary supplement that helps to treat iron deficiency anemia. This medication helps in effective transportation of oxygen to various tissues of the body. It should not be taken by those who have hypersensitivity to this medication.
Dosages are prescribed as per the age of the patient. It can be taken in tablet, capsule or syrup form thrice a day, on empty stomach. Check with your doctor if you have side effects like fever, chest pain, joint pains, diarrhea, constipation, palpitations, etc.
St.Botanica Ylang-Ylang Pure Aroma Essential Oil
- Highest quality pure grade ylang-ylang essential oil
- Free from additives and synthetic ingredients
- Produced according to the industry approved extraction method
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP certified WHO GMP facility
- Suitable for aromatherapy use
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety
- Good for skin and hair
Morpheme Memocare Plus$21.87
StBotanica Pure Himalayan Lavender Essential Oil
- High quality, pure grade lavender essential oil
- Free from chemicals
- Manufactured With World’s Highest Standards
- Extracted according to the industry approved extraction method
- Helps in relaxation
- Good for the skin and hair health
Morpheme Forskolin – Pure Coleus Forskohlii$28.32
Ferrous fumarate is an essential mineral that is used as a medication to treat iron deficiency anemia. When your body does not produce sufficient amounts of iron, this medication helps to replenish the dipping levels.
Patients who show haemoglobin in the urine are not prescribed this medication. Dosages are recommended as per the age of the patient. It is available in the tablet form and can be taken with or without food.
If anemia is observed in a patient with kidney problems, this medication is commonly prescribed by the doctors. It is an anabolic steroid that helps to increase the growth of body tissues in certain areas of the body.
This medication should not be taken by pregnant women and those with hypersensitivity. It is given as an injection that is given into a large muscle. Being a steroid, it has many side effects and should only be administered by a doctor for medical purposes.
Oxymetholone is a synthetic anabolic steroid that is prescribed to people with very low red blood cell counts. This medication helps to increase the production of a substance called erythropoietin that works to increase the production of more red blood cells in the body.
It is available in tablet form and has to be taken along with food. Blood sugar levels are constantly monitored while a patient is on this medication. It has many serious side effects and has to be administered with caution under the guidance of a doctor.
Patients with anemia, who have a vitamin B12 deficiency, are prescribed this medication which happens to be a natural form of vitamin B12. It is available as a solution and has to be administered as an injection by a qualified health practitioner.
It should not be used by those with hypersensitivity and pregnant women. Common side effects include rashes, redness of the skin, nausea, high blood pressure and headache. Excess dosage should be avoided.
Morpheme Arthcare Oil Spray (100 ml) AND Arthcare Plus
- Helps in reducing joint pain and swelling
- Helps in reducing stiffness of joints
- Helps in relaxing muscles and decreasing muscle pain
- Made with herbs with anti-inflammatory property
- Natural products, free from additives and synthetic ingredients
Morpheme Garcinia 5X – 60 Veg Caps$24.98
St.Botanica Tea Tree Pure Aroma Essential Oil
- Highest quality pure grade tea tree oil
- Natural product, free from synthetic ingredients
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP certified, WHO GMP facility
- Suitable for skin care when diluted with appropriate carrier oil
- Helps in fighting acne and skin infections