Morpheme Garcinia Cambogia – 60 Veg Caps
- Reviews (23)
The combination of sedentary lifestyle and calorie dense food is fueling the problem of obesity around the world. A large amount is spent every year on anti-obesity supplements and dieting. However, only a few of these supplements deliver the desired results without any adverse side effects.
Garcinia cambogia plant is a native to India and South East Asia. The small pumpkin-shaped fruit of Garcinia cambogia is used in South Asian cuisines. The fruit helps to make you feel full easily.
How to use
Morpheme Garcinia is in the capsule form. The recommended dosage for adults is 1 – 2 capsules two times a day. The product is devoid of any side-effects.
How Garcinia Cambogia is Useful?
Garinia Cambogia usually grows in the Pacific-Coast in the forested and humid habitats of Peru and Mexico. It is also popular as Brindall berries and Mangosteen and is well-known as an appetite suppressant. The tiny fruits of the tree look like small pumpkin, which is known to delay the merging of fatty acids and lipids.
The main ingredient present in the extract of Garcinia Cambogia is HCA – Hydroxycitric acid. It is known to block fat by slowing down the activities of the compound citrate lyase (a vital metabolic enzyme). By disrupting the metabolic course, HCA slows down the conversion process of excess carbohydrates into fats.
How safe is Morpheme Garcinia for weight management?
The fruits of the plant are consumed safely by people. HCA present in the plant is safe, when taken in prescribed amounts. However, you should avoid the supplements if you are breastfeeding or pregnant. In addition, if you are on diabetic medications such as glyburide and insulin then consult a medical practitioner before taking the supplement.
How long it takes to see the results?
Generally, noticeable benefits are seen anywhere from 4 – 6 weeks after taking Morpheme Garcinia capsules. However, the results may vary depending on various factors.
Serving size: 1 Vegi caps
Servings per container: 60
Each 500 mg capsule contains: Garcinica Cambogia Extract (Vrikshamla) with HCA > 60%
Each Bottle Contains: 60 Vegi Caps
Suggested Usage: 1 Capsule thrice daily before meals.
|Serving Size: 1 Veg Capsule||
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
|Garcinia Cambogia (Vrikshamla) Extract HCA > 60%||500mg.||**|
|** Daily value not established|
Morpheme Garcinia capsules is formulated by using the pure extract of the herb. This is a non-stimulant, natural and safe approach for appetite management. It is does not contain any artificial ingredients, additives and preservatives. The stringent manufacturing standards ensures that the product provides all the benefits of the herb to the consumers.
How Garcinia cambogia supports weight management?
Garcinia is traditionally recommended for flatulence,Hydroxycitric acid, the main active component present in the rinds of the Garcinia cambogia fruit, helps in managing weight gain by inhibiting synthesis of fatty acids. It impairs activities of the enzyme ATP citrate lyase that converts the unspent calories into fats. Consumption of Garcinia cambogia helps to suppress appetite and facilitates weight management. (Jena BS, Jayaprakasha GK, Singh RP, Sakariah KK. “Chemistry and biochemistry of (-)-hydroxycitric acid from Garcinia.” J Agric Food Chem. 2002 Jan 2;50(1):10-22).
In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study, a Purdue University study team found, that mildly overweight females on a low calorie diet who took 400mg of Garcinia cambogia, 30 to 60 minutes before each meal, were able to lose more body weight than participants who took placebo. (Mattes RD, Bormann L. “Effects of (-)(-)hydroxycitric acid on appetite variables.” Physiol Behav. 2000 Oct 1-15;71(1-2):87-94).
Unlike several anti-obesity drugs or supplements, intake of Garcinia cambogia is not associated with adverse side effects. Studies have revealed that hydroxycitric acid, the main anti-obesity agent in Garcinia cambogia stimulates fat management without modulating the normal functions of the central nervous system. Experimental studies did not reveal any adverse effect of the active anti-obesity constituent in Garcinia cambogia on the major organs. (Downs BW, Bagchi M, Subbaraju GV, Shara MA, Preuss, HG, Bagchi D. “Bioefficacy of a novel calcium-potassium salt of (-)(-)hydroxycitric acid.” Mutat Res. 2005 Nov 11,579(1-2):149-62. Shara M, Ohia SE, Schmidt RE, Yasmin T, Zardetto-Smith, Kincaid A, Bagchi M, Chatterjee A, Bagchi D, Stohs SJ. “Physico-chemical properties of a novel (-)-hydroxycitric acid extract and its effect on body weight, selected organs weight, hepatic lipid peroxidation and DNA fragmentation, hematology and clinical chemistry, and histopathological changes over a period of 90 days.” Mol Cell Biochem. 2004 May;260(1-2):171-86 ).
Tips for mamaging excess body weight
1) A balanced diet and regular exercise are crucial for shedding the extra pounds from your body and maintaining the normal body weight. For better result, you can add a good quality anti-obesity supplement, such as Vrikshamla, to your weight management program.
2)Compared to people who rely only on dieting to manage weight, people who combine dieting with exercising lose around 20% more body weight within a year. Moreover, the effect of dieting and exercises helps to sustain the weight management in the long term. (Curioni CC, Lourenco PM. “Long-term weight loss after diet and exercise: a systematic review.” Int J Obes (Lond). 2005 Oct;29(10):1168-74).
3) To maintain your normal body weight, your total calorie intake should be equal to your total energy expenditure. In the initial stage of a weight management program emphasize is given more on a low calorie diet and moderate physical activities to increase calorie expenditure and enable fat metabolism. However, extreme dieting is bad for the health. Consuming less than 1000 calories per day increases the risk of nutritional deficiencies. You might experience fatigue, dizziness and increased sensitivity to cold. To make matters worse, physical discomfort might force you to abandon your weight management program.
4) To avoid the side effects of extreme dieting, you should gradually reduce your calorie intake. Reduce the proportions of simple sugars and fats in your diet. Replace them with fresh fruits and vegetables. They can easily satisfy your hunger without increasing your calorie intake. Replace the sugary treats and refined carbohydrate products in your diet with whole grain products. Reduce the portion size. Try new ways of cooking healthy meals.
5) Weight management could be accelerated by adding dietary fibers to the daily diet. Studies have shown that daily consumption of whole-grain cereals such as oat cereals could help to shrink the waist circumference. (Maki KC, Beiseigel JM, Jonnalagadda SS, Gugger CK, Reeves MS, Farmer MV, Kaden VN, Rains TM. “Whole-grain ready-to-eat oat cereal, as part of a dietary program for weight loss, reduces low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in adults with overweight and obesity more than a dietary program including low-fiber control foods.” J Am Diet Assoc. 2010 Feb;110(2):205-14).
6) Green tea and hot chili peppers could help you to manage weight. Phytochemicals known as capsaicin, present in peppers, could boost weight management by stimulating thermogenesis. Tea catechins and caffeine present in green tea inhibit fat accumulation. (Diepvens K, Westerterp KR, Westerterp-Plantenga MS. “Obesity and thermogenesis related to the consumption of caffeine, ephedrine, capsaicin and green tea.” Am J Physiol Regula Integr Comp Physiol. 2007 Jan;292(1):R77-85).
7) To manage excess weight, you should increase calorie expenditure. This can be achieved by increasing the intensity of physical activities. Brisk walking is one of the most effective methods of managing weight. If you are accustomed to an inactive life, gradually increase the duration and frequency of your physical activities. Add five to ten extra minutes to your workout schedule each week. You would lose more energy by going up a steep slope. Instead of using the elevator, climb stairs. At least 2 ½ hours of aerobic workout each week is beneficial for your health.
8) Even normal household activities such as cleaning the house or gardening would help you to manage the excess flab. Besides managing your body weight, regular exercises is good for your cardiovascular system. It helps to decrease the blood pressure and harmful lipids. Physical activities strengthen the muscles and the bones. They can also improve your mood. Regular workouts could be considered as a safe option for managing anxiety and depression.
9) Although one might rapidly manage weight in the initial stage of the weight management program, often the interest in dieting and exercising wanes after six months. Cognitive behavioral therapy is often effective in sustaining your interest in managing weight in the long-term. Studies suggest that obesity is a complex health disorder associated with poor appetite regulation and impaired energy metabolism. Behavioral intervention is necessary for the success of the weight management strategies. (Lang A, Froelicher ES. “Management of overweight and obesity in adults: behavioral intervention for long-term weight loss and maintenance.” Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2006 Jun;5(2):102-14).