The Five Symptoms Of An Enlarged Heart
[toc]It is never too easy to identify and isolate symptoms of an enlarged heart. This is because the characteristics of such a condition are often quite synonymous with other ailments of the heart. The most common symptoms of an enlarged heart are dizziness, cough, chest pain, faintness and general fatigue. So it is clearly understandable where the ambiguity lies when it comes to detecting an enlarged heart condition.
These symptoms are extremely common in heart patients. However, there are a few other unusual signs such as heart palpitations, irregular heartbeats and edema which could signify this condition more specifically in patients.
5 Symptoms Of An Enlarged Heart
When the heart is larger than its normal size, the condition is also referred to as cardiomegaly. Cardiomegaly can be detected on a chest x-ray scan which is generally prescribed by a doctor upon complaints of heart-related problems.
StBotanica Pure Himalayan Lavender Essential Oil
- High quality, pure grade lavender essential oil
- Free from chemicals
- Manufactured With World’s Highest Standards
- Extracted according to the industry approved extraction method
- Helps in relaxation
- Good for the skin and hair health
Morpheme Safed Musli AND Mucuna Pruriens$37.39
St.Botanica Ylang-Ylang Pure Aroma Essential Oil
- Highest quality pure grade ylang-ylang essential oil
- Free from additives and synthetic ingredients
- Produced according to the industry approved extraction method
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP certified WHO GMP facility
- Suitable for aromatherapy use
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety
- Good for skin and hair
In most cases, the symptoms of an enlarged heart are triggered by dizziness or a feeling that the patient might faint anytime. This may be because of the heart’s incapacity to pump blood with adequate efficiency. The heart rate is slower than usual.
Cardiomyopathy is a disease of the heart muscle. It is related to the deterioration of the myocardium for several possible reasons, including an enlarged heart. Those with cardiomyopathy are always at risk of suffering from an enlarged heart condition.
There are several diseases that directly affect the myocardium including those that result from ischemia, valvular heart disease or high blood pressure. This condition usually presents with dyspnea and heart palpitations and limits the ability of the heart to maintain adequate cardiac output.
Cough and Chest Pain
Ongoing cough is a very common symptom when it comes to recognizing an enlarged heart condition. It could well be a terribly dry cough which doesn’t produce any phlegm or even one that does produce mucus. It is generally accompanied by chest pain and stiffness in the chest region. One could also suffer from a burning sensation in and around the chest. Fever and back pain are also seen in certain patients with an enlarged heart, especially if it is due to an infection.
Anemia is defined as a low concentration of hemoglobin in the blood. It may be accompanied by other parameters altered such as a reduction in the number of red blood cells or decreased hematocrit. Anemia is not a disease but a sign that can be caused by multiple causes, and one of the most common is an enlarged heart condition.
So when there is severe anemia, the tissues and organs of the body do not receive enough oxygen. The person feels tired, his pulse is racing and he has shortness of breath.
Often in cases of cardiomegaly, the heartbeats become irregular causing arrhythmia. A heart rhythm disorder or arrhythmia is a change in the heart rate. It may speed up, slow down or become irregular. The slow heart rhythm disorders result from inadequate production of impulses from the sinus node and are usually a non-clinical concern unless they cause loss of consciousness.
The accelerated heart rhythm disorders, however, often cause death. If you are suffering from an arrhythmia, your heart will not be able to pump blood as efficiently as in normal conditions.
If you are suffering from any of these enlarged heart symptoms, like chest pain, breathing problems or dizziness, you have to see a doctor for immediate evaluation. Your symptoms could be triggered by an enlarged heart, among other serious heart conditions.
Morpheme Arthcare Oil Spray (100 ml) AND Arthcare Plus
- Helps in reducing joint pain and swelling
- Helps in reducing stiffness of joints
- Helps in relaxing muscles and decreasing muscle pain
- Made with herbs with anti-inflammatory property
- Natural products, free from additives and synthetic ingredients
Morpheme Forskolin – Pure Coleus Forskohlii$28.32
St.Botanica Rosemary Pure Aroma Essential Oil
- High quality, pure grade rosemary essential oil
- Free from artificial ingredients
- Extracted according to industry approved high quality extraction method
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP certified, WHO GMP facility
- Helps in hair care
- Helps in reducing stress and improving memory