Top 8 Causes Of Migraine
[toc]Migraine is a neurological disease and the most common symptom of migraine an intense episode of headache. Migraine is usually characterized by severe pain on one or both sides of the head. It is a condition which is sometimes followed by a bout of nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light, smells, sounds, disruption in sleep, depression, etc.
Migraine is a very common condition that is experienced by almost every human being at some point of time. Sometimes, it may occur frequently as well. There are various causes responsible for the causing migraine. In this write-up, we have compiled some of the most common causes of migraine. Let us check them out!
Various Causes Of Migraine
It has been proven through various studies that both estrogen and progesterone are potential triggers of migraine. It is because of this reason that women suffer from migraine more than men. During menstruation, women experience migraine as a result of hormonal changes going inside the body.
StBotanica Pure Himalayan Lavender Essential Oil
- High quality, pure grade lavender essential oil
- Free from chemicals
- Manufactured With World’s Highest Standards
- Extracted according to the industry approved extraction method
- Helps in relaxation
- Good for the skin and hair health
St.Botanica Argan Pure Coldpressed Carrier Oil
- Highest Quality Purest Grade Argan Oil
- Cold Pressed Argan Oil
- Free from artificial ingredients
- Produced according to the Industry approved high quality extraction method
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP Certified, WHO GMP facility
- Ideal for moisturizing and nourishing the skin and hair
- Can be used as carrier oil
St.Botanica Garcinia Cambogia 500mg$20.82
If you are stressed and depressed most of the time, then it is likely that you will suffer from migraine frequently. With life involving a lot of tension in the 21st century, stress has formed an inevitable part of many people’s life.
When you are stressed, your body reacts physically, thus, causing headache. In such a condition the muscles tense and the hormones elevate and so migraine occurs.
Some people get migraines due to changes in the atmosphere. Such changes may refer to abrupt changes in altitude or barometric pressure, sudden thunderstorms, seasonal changes, windstorms, increased pollen levels, etc. On the other hand, there are many people who are sensitive to the switch to daylight savings time or travel across time zones.
Certain medications are also active triggers of migraine. Antihistamines, blood pressure medicines, decongestants, oral contraceptives, prescription pain medicines and hormone replacement therapy are some medications that are known to cause migraines. Sometimes, it is seen that discontinuation of certain over-the-counter painkillers such as aspirin, ibuprofen and acetaminophen lead to migraine as well.
Alcohol is a very prominent cause of migraine. Beer, sherry, red wine and vermouth contains large amounts of tyramine that causes headache. It is better to stay away from such hard drinks as boozing causes dehydration in the body and dehydration is a major cause of migraine.
Foods such as deli meats, hot dogs and pepperoni contain nitrites which are a common trigger of migraine. Nitrites are also used in chicken, turkey and soy sausages, corned beef and any food that has been cured, smoked, canned and pickled. So, to avoid severe migraine attacks, it is advisable to stay away from foods that contain nitrite.
Bright lights and harsh glare from the sun induces migraines. Even loud sounds can cause sudden migraine attacks. Other possible reasons can be certain unusual smells such as that of perfume, paint thinner, whitener, smoke, etc.
Aspartame is a common food additive that is used for sweetening purposes and can cause migraine attacks in a person. Even the preservative called monosodium glutamate causes the condition.
Morpheme Garcinia Green Coffee 500mg Extract 60 Veg Caps$19.15
St.Botanica Tea Tree Pure Aroma Essential Oil
- Highest quality pure grade tea tree oil
- Natural product, free from synthetic ingredients
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP certified, WHO GMP facility
- Suitable for skin care when diluted with appropriate carrier oil
- Helps in fighting acne and skin infections
Morpheme Memocare Plus$21.87
Morpheme Arthcare Oil Spray (100 ml) AND Arthcare Plus
- Helps in reducing joint pain and swelling
- Helps in reducing stiffness of joints
- Helps in relaxing muscles and decreasing muscle pain
- Made with herbs with anti-inflammatory property
- Natural products, free from additives and synthetic ingredients