8 Top Home Remedies For Sunburn
[toc]No sooner we see the summer season approaching, the first thing on our mind is to protect ourselves from sunburns. Most of the people prefer staying at home to avoid the sun burns, but is that the right solution? Moreover, is it really possible to lock yourself inside the house and give up on the summer attractions?
Not really, those long sunny days, a sun bath on the beach, a good quality time in the garden are some things which you can’t really give up on. So, the best thing is to prevent yourself from getting sunburns. And if at all you happen to get sunburns, here are some instant and effective home remedies for sunburns.
8 Home Remedies For Sunburn
Morpheme Memocare Plus$21.87
Morpheme Turmeric Curcumin (Haridra)$28.32
St.Botanica Argan Pure Coldpressed Carrier Oil
- Highest Quality Purest Grade Argan Oil
- Cold Pressed Argan Oil
- Free from artificial ingredients
- Produced according to the Industry approved high quality extraction method
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP Certified, WHO GMP facility
- Ideal for moisturizing and nourishing the skin and hair
- Can be used as carrier oil
St.Botanica Ylang-Ylang Pure Aroma Essential Oil
- Highest quality pure grade ylang-ylang essential oil
- Free from additives and synthetic ingredients
- Produced according to the industry approved extraction method
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP certified WHO GMP facility
- Suitable for aromatherapy use
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety
- Good for skin and hair
Potatoes have been tested and proven to be an excellent home remedy for sunburns. The starch content in potatoes helps in relieving the pain from the sunburn. You can either keep some raw potato slices on the sunburns or you can apply some grated potato to the sunburns as poultice.
You can even apply a mixture of blended potatoes on the sunburn. Later, take a cool shower to wash off the potatoes from your body.
Aloe Vera is another excellent home remedy for sunburn. All you have to do is apply aloe vera gel directly on the sunburn. Rubbing the gel on sunburns constricts the blood vessels and soothes the pain. Also, the medicinal properties in Aloe vera help in healing the sunburns effectively.
The best way to ease sunburn is to take a bath. A cold bath eases the skin irritation and pain. To make the bath more effective you can either add baking soda or oatmeal to the water.
However, make sure you do not soak yourself for more than 15 else you will end up with a totally dry skin. Also, make sure not to rub your skin hard instead just dry it off lightly.
Instead of an ice pack apply a cold compress on your sunburns. For better results you can add baking soda or oatmeal to the water. You can keep on applying the cold compress several times for soothing the burns.
As you get sunburns, it also means that your body is dehydrated as well. So as you are trying to heal your sunburns it is important to replenish the body’s lost liquids by drinking lots of water. It will help to heal the sunburns effectively.
Vinegar mixed in equal quantity of water can be applied directly on the sunburns. An apple cider vinegar should work wonders.
Apply tea bags soaked in cold water on sunburns. Mint tea gives cooling effects to the sunburns. Tea containing calendula also works wonders on the sunburns.
Sunburns make the skin lose its moisture. The skin becomes all the more dry when you take a bath to get rid of the sunburns. Hence, it becomes necessary to moisturize your skin. To get that cooling effect, you can refrigerate the moisturizer before using it. These are some of the effective home remedies in treating the sunburns.
Morpheme Garcinia Green Coffee 500mg Extract 60 Veg Caps$19.15
St.Botanica Tea Tree Pure Aroma Essential Oil
- Highest quality pure grade tea tree oil
- Natural product, free from synthetic ingredients
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP certified, WHO GMP facility
- Suitable for skin care when diluted with appropriate carrier oil
- Helps in fighting acne and skin infections
Morpheme Memocare Plus$21.87
Morpheme Arthcare Oil Spray (100 ml) AND Arthcare Plus
- Helps in reducing joint pain and swelling
- Helps in reducing stiffness of joints
- Helps in relaxing muscles and decreasing muscle pain
- Made with herbs with anti-inflammatory property
- Natural products, free from additives and synthetic ingredients