Various Natural Cures For Menstrual Discomfort
[toc]Menstruation plays a crucial role in the life of any woman. It helps her body to balance the hormones, helps her in conceiving and also regulates her mood. However, menstruation can also bring in several problems that include cramps, pain in the stomach and breasts and excessive tiredness. While many women opt for pain killers for getting rid of these problems, the truth is that taking these pain medications regularly can cause other problems later. For this reason, it is important that you opt for natural cures to treat menstrual discomfort.
It is true that opting for natural cures will help you to handle menstrual discomfort. However, sometimes, there could be medical reasons behind excessive bleeding. Therefore, it is advisable that you consult a doctor, in case you are experiencing severe pain. In case the reports reveal that there is nothing abnormal about your body, trying out these natural cures would be a good idea.
Natural Cures For Menstrual Discomfort
Take Magnesium And Calcium Supplements
If you experience menstrual cramps and pain, it can be a good idea to take calcium and magnesium supplements. For best results, take these supplements throughout the year, rather than only during menstruation. Ideally, you should take 1000 and 500 mg of calcium and magnesium daily, unless otherwise advised by your doctor.
Also, when it comes to taking calcium supplements, opt for the one that contains calcium citrate, rather than the one that contains calcium carbonate. This is because as compared to calcium carbonate, calcium citrate gets absorbed in the body more quickly.
Morpheme Memocare Plus$21.87
Morpheme Retone Caps – Menstrual Comfort$19.98
St.Botanica Rosemary Pure Aroma Essential Oil
- High quality, pure grade rosemary essential oil
- Free from artificial ingredients
- Extracted according to industry approved high quality extraction method
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP certified, WHO GMP facility
- Helps in hair care
- Helps in reducing stress and improving memory
Morpheme Livup Caps$19.98
- Ashoka – Vaginal Discharge, Uterine Bleeding
- Amenorrhoea – Menstrual Regulator, Amenorrhoea
- Shatavari – Female Libido Enhancer
All vegetables contain essential nutrients that protect your body against various diseases and help you to avoid discomforts that are associated with menstruation. Also, they are rich in antioxidants, which reduce menstrual cramps and pain. For best results, choose dark leafy vegetables. Eating dark leafy vegetables is especially important during menstruation because they are rich in iron, which makes up for the iron that is lost during periods.
Applying a heating pad or a hot water bottle on your stomach or pelvic region can help you to get relief from menstrual cramps. In case you do not possess any of these, applying a hot towel can also be a good idea. For best results, keep the towel or the bottle on your stomach for 10-15 minutes at least. You can also take a warm bath for feeling relaxed and getting rid of the menstrual cramps.
- How To Get Rid Of Inflammation During Menstruation
- Naturual Treatments For Inflammation During Menstruation
- 6 Tested Home Remedies For Menstruation Pain
Go For Yoga
Doing intense exercises during menstruation is usually not recommended. However, if you experience menstrual cramps, you can do gentle exercises, such as yoga or brisk walking. Exercise releases endorphins that improve mood and relaxes the body. In case you are confused about the yoga poses you should do during menstruation, getting in touch with an expert yoga trainer would be a good idea.
Drinking Warm Water
Drinking water during menstruation is a good idea as it flushes out unnecessary toxins and helps the muscles to relax. For added benefit, you can also drink warm water. Warm water helps in better blood circulation and relaxes the cramped muscles. Ideally, you should drink 8-9 glasses of water every day. Including water based fruits and vegetables such as watermelon, strawberry, cucumber and celery would also be a good idea.
Use these natural cures for getting rid of menstrual discomfort.
Morpheme Forskolin – Pure Coleus Forskohlii$28.32
Morpheme Memocare Plus$21.87
St.Botanica Ylang-Ylang Pure Aroma Essential Oil
- Highest quality pure grade ylang-ylang essential oil
- Free from additives and synthetic ingredients
- Produced according to the industry approved extraction method
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008, HACCP certified WHO GMP facility
- Suitable for aromatherapy use
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety
- Good for skin and hair
StBotanica Pure Himalayan Lavender Essential Oil
- High quality, pure grade lavender essential oil
- Free from chemicals
- Manufactured With World’s Highest Standards
- Extracted according to the industry approved extraction method
- Helps in relaxation
- Good for the skin and hair health